The Vice President of Engineering will be an experienced leader who will drive a team of highly talented engineers, developing industry leading products. The VP Engineering is a key enabler of the engineering organization to achieve operational excellence. She/he will oversee the architecture of services provided to customers as well as infrastructure and cloud technology. She/he manages a team that can effectively enable the delivery organization to plan, implement and validate the technology required to produce at or above defined service levels.
The Vice President Engineering will create and maintain positive relationships with the internal and external stakeholders of the business in order to establish a client-focused culture and drive innovation in the product offerings.
- Oversee the engineering team including engineering managers, software engineers, testers.
- Manage and build a top-notch engineering team (including staffing, development, and hiring).
- Technical leadership for key clients and internal leadership.
- Shape the engineering approach to technology to support the rapid growth in offerings and client request innovation.
- Drive best practices and processes to engineering development and operational support.
- Own the long-term operating budget and investment plan. The size of the budget is 7m euro.
- Agree and maintain technical standards and corresponding governance structure.
- Define new solution architectures and technology roadmap.
- Foster innovation culture.
- Create the building blocks for transformation journey, with a special attention to embracing Agile methodologies, Service Oriented Architecture and Cloud Technologies.
- Continuously stay up to date with all industry changes and bring new ideas to the team.
- Add to the technology insight in the senior management team, bringing the experiences of a career of technology excellence. Challenge the organisation and thinking to drive improvement in the organisation.
- Work closely with the leadership team on the company's core product and technology strategy and play a leading role in technology decision making.
- 12+ years of software development experience in Enterprise and/or SaaS software technology.
- 8+ years of leadership experience leading cross-functional development/engineering teams and managing an organization of similar scale.
- 3+ years of experience with being in charge of budgeting
- Technical & methodological know how building cloud based data and analytics environments and agile methodologies.
- International experience operations at a senior level in a global business.
- Experience managing teams across multiple locations.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline; Master's degree is a plus.
- Fluency in both English and German is required.
Competitive package tailored to experience
If you’re interested in the above description, please apply with your CV by clicking on the “apply” button! For questions please contact Jonathan at firstname.lastname@example.org
PaymentGenes empowers the payments industry by focusing on the fundamentals for business growth. We achieve this by providing industry leading payments recruitment (permanent & Interim), business Consultancy & Data Strategy services. Our clients are among the biggest Payments, FinTech & other Financial Institutions around the world.