Senior Platform Partnership Manager
We are looking for an entrepreneur at heart who is are at ease with both product and commercial audiences, whether at the frontline or c-level. Your role will be split between existing and new platform partnerships.
You’ll manage existing platform partners headquartered in your region to identify new opportunities to nurture and scale these relationships. You will also manage the local relationship for some of our global platform partners.
Additionally, as part of a global cross-functional team, you’ll lead the discovery, negotiation, integration and go-to-market for new platform partner headquartered in your region.
In order to be successful in this role, you will work closely with various internal teams, such as Commercial, Product, Engineering, Solutions Engineering, Marketing, Operations and Legal.
The ideal candidate is an independent, highly motivated individual, who is able to stand out in an entrepreneurial environment and outperform goals through personal drive. It is important that this person has prior experience building and scaling platform partnerships. Industry specific platform knowledge and network is a bonus.
This role reports to VP Commercial Partnerships - EMEA, who is based in London.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Manage and nurture established partnerships to enable partners’ growth, increase the adoption of the company and strengthen and expand relationships.
- Evaluate and assess the strategic and revenue impact of potential opportunities with existing and new partners.
- Plan, hunt and land new platform partners headquartered in your region across B2C and B2B digital payment use cases such as eCommerce, subscription or marketplaces.
- Lead all aspects of new partnerships from discovery to deal execution.
- Collaborate internally to land integration, go-to-market activities and ongoing success of the partnership.
- Develop and maintain a pipeline of new business that has been sourced or influenced by your platform partners by working cross-functionally with both partner and internal teams to drive this pipeline.
- Evangelise our digital payment products and services by closely aligning to partners’ expertise, market coverage and platform specialisms.
- Developing success metrics for each partner you manage, including KPIs related to merchant pipeline, events and marketing.
- Becoming an expert on the product offering, complementary ecosystem technologies, product roadmap and company vision, and keeping partners informed.
- 5+ years managing partners at a top technology company.
- Knowledge and well-connected in platform categories such as: eCommerce, subscription management, marketplaces, procurement.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A confident public speaker with a desire to talk at events.
- Results-oriented and strong attention to detail.
- Highly organised and able to manage multiple relationships and projects simultaneously.
- Proactive, self-motivated and able to flourish whilst working with minimal guidance.
- Fluent in German and English.
- When possible, a willingness to travel 25% - 50% to visit partners and other of the company's offices.
- Preferred: experience and network into Intershop, PlentyMarkets, Shopware, Commercetools and Spryker.
If you’re interested in the above description, please apply with your CV by clicking on the “apply” button! For questions please contact Mathilde at firstname.lastname@example.org
PaymentGenes empowers the payments industry by focusing on the fundamentals for business growth. We achieve this by providing industry leading payments recruitment (permanent & Interim), business Consultancy & Data Strategy services. Our clients are among the biggest Payments, FinTech & other Financial Institutions around the world.