Founded in 1996, the group has more than 700 employees worldwide and traded on the SIX Swiss Exchange. The company has a presence in Switzerland, Austria, Germany, the Middle East, Singapore, Spain, and the UK, with a global client base comprising more than 550 banks, wealth management firms, and other financial institutions.
To strengthen their team in Germany, we're currently helping them in their search for an Engineering Manager.
- Responsible for 2-3 agile product engineering squads in a distributed setup with internal team members and team members from partner organizations in various European locations
- Ensure delivery and engineering quality, monitor, and improve development KPIs in collaboration with the Tech Leads and Scrum Masters
- Develop and improve engineering practices and guidelines, share best practices within Communities of Practice
- Ensure solution design and security compliance in collaboration with Product Management, Tech Leads, Software, and Security Architects
- Foster collaboration and alignment between the development teams, resolve technical and organizational impediments within the organization
- Contribute to Engineering Management Team duties such as planning, budgeting, partner management, and skills management
- Act as a Line Manager for your internal employees and be responsible for assigned developers from external development partners
- A Bachelor's or higher degree in a technical field of study
- Strong experience in back-end development of Java applications (Spring Boot, Hibernate, REST, ....)
- Strong software development background in an agile organization, a good understanding of processes and roles
- Familiar with running services on Cloud Infrastructure (e.g., Microsoft Azure) as well as with modern full-stack development
- An experienced technical manager with proven leadership and communication skills
- Experience in Fintech, banking and/or wealth management is an advantage
- Self-driven and able to work independently
- Good team player, consultative approach to finding solutions
- Ability to deliver on deadlines
- Readiness for occasional travel abroad
- Fluent in English (oral and written), German is an advantage
A competitive remuneration package tailored to the experience you bring.
If you're interested in the above description, please apply with your CV by clicking on the "apply" button! For questions, please contact Orson at email@example.com.
PaymentGenes is a global consulting and sourcing firm with HQ in Amsterdam. Our founders are payment specialists from Adyen, Braintree, Globalcollect and Optimal Payments. We engage at a strategic level, we provide holistic advice across the business on product alignment, acquiring, scheme rules and go-to- market planning. Our experience spans across the world and this gives us a unique understanding of the complexities of each different market and a broader view of the global payment industry.